Monday, November 9, 2009

Second Time Around, Day One

Hi everyone, like the new decor?

Since I'm on my second round of BFL, I thought I'd shake it up around here.  Why keep it same old same old when you have a 1,000,000,002 choices to make with color palettes, fonts, and text sizes?  At this point I am beginning to wonder if I am colorblind, illiterate, or have absolutely no taste at all.  Break  it to me gently, ok? 

When I was younger, I would pick each item to decorate my room and, later, my apartments, based on that one single item's appeal to me.  I never thought about how it would look alongside my other furniture or bedsheets, or whatever.  It explains how one of my old apartments had a pea-soup-green paint job on the walls, and a silvery mint green duvet.  Bleeeech.  I am realizing that is the mark of a grown-up, when a fair bit of the stuff matches.  See, it only took me thirty years to start figuring that out, but I have yet to implement that idea.  Hence the color play here (and my aparment, but that's another story).

Today was pretty good and also very exhausting.  I worked out and ran for twenty minutes, clocking in 1.6 miles, then went over to the weights and played around with exercising my upper body.  I tried the deltoid press, some sort of lat machine, and dumbbells and bench dips.  I worked out for about an hour solid.  I sort of crammed two days of exercising together because I have a tendency lately to miss days, and I wanted to get a good start on this week. 

My eating was so-so.  I didn't eat anything bad, but I did neglect to feed myself for a period of seven hours and then wondered why I felt crazed and thought that my life was crashing down around my ears when it wasn't.  There's this little tool I learned a few years ago:  HALT.  Don't get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.  It's funny, being overweight and all, but part of it is that I would forget to eat, or choose to not eat all day until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and then I would tear into anything I could get my hands on.  Eating regularly is still something I have to focus on. 

I know I also promised pictures today, but it isn't going to happen.  Steve is not here to take photos of me, and I am not about to do that weird geeky self-portait of me in a pair of shorts.  It'll look like I'm psycho and posting my profile pic for MySpace or eHarmony or some weird crap like that.  I have worked hard to get to this size, even though I'm not at my goal yet, and I think I deserve to have a decent picture to show y'all, so there!  Nyah nyah!

Speaking of goals, here is what I have decided for this particular segment.  I want these five things:

1. To lose 15 pounds of fat.
2. To have some killer "guns".  (That means arms, Mom.)
3. To be able to do five pull-ups.
4. To run a bigger race than a 5k or to run a 5k in 30 minutes or less.
5. To increase my body strength by 20%.

I have also decided upon what I want for a goal weight.  I want to get to 140 pounds and see what the view looks like from there, so to speak.  I would like to get crazy and say 130, but I don't know if that is a reasonable weight for me.  I can always go lower, but I would rather set it somewhere that I have a chance in hell of reaching without delving into an eating disorder or becoming (more of) a workout fiend.  I weighed 120 in high school, and I was kind of puny.  130 might look ok, but then again, 145 might look fine, too.  I don't want to look wasted and scrawny, but healthy.  So that's what I chose.  We'll see what happens.

I look forward to day two (the sequel).  I am going to have to come up with something snazzier to mark the days, too.  Technically it's Day 85, but I'm bound to get confused counting that high (math dud, remember?).  Maybe I'll start counting in French?  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment