Thursday, December 3, 2009

BFL, What BFL?

Duuuuuudes, I'm here.

Not like you were waiting with bated breath.  I had to go off and not do BFL for about two weeks there.  Some of it was due to a horribly funky cold/flu thingy that our whole family caught.  I couldn't work, and there was a lot of Advil poppin' and Alka-Seltzer gurgling going on.  By the way, that stuff is so NASTY.  Why, in this modern age, can't they make that crap taste better?  And you have to put it in about a half a cup of water and drink it down and it tastes like Gatorade left to mold in Chernobyl, but I digress.

I have tried harder this week to get my act together.  I have been running (twice) and I have been to lift weights (lower body, once).  I also was relieved to get on the scale and see that I haven't gained back any weight (thank you very much, God).  While I was eating like I used to and not working out, I felt so sure that I had gained back something like 5-10 pounds, and I am so relieved that was not the case. 

Other than that, not much else is going on.  I haven't busted out the measuring tape in a while, and I'm not sure I'm up for it right this moment, either.  I am toying with cooking nearly 100% vegetarian once New Year's comes, since I think it would be better for us and cheaper, too.  But don't tell Steve.  Cause he'll freak out.  He won't notice if I just happen to cook regular meals with no meat, but if I make an announcement, all hell will break loose.  He's funny that way.  Well, so am I, I guess.

I hope you are well.  The holidays are looming, and all those lovely opportunities to stay in with a mug of hot chocolate and watch a movie.  To bundle up and stay in bed asleep rather than get outside in the frost bitten air to work out.  Oh yeah, this should be interesting.  See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, Tell me if you decide to go vegetarian! I am trying to figure out what kind of changes to make to my family's diet..not sure if Ill cut out meat but maybe just start going completely organic? I don't know...have you seen the documentary Food? Oh jeesh. If Steve gives you a hard time about going meatless show it to him.
    Keep me updated, ill join you in a New Year's food resolution!
    Cheetos are meatless and organic, right?

    ReplyDelete