Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day Thirty-One

I just got back from a walk in the rain, barefoot.

I have been having some negative thinking, and it was nice to get out, blast some music into my headphones, and stroll around my neighborhood barefoot, just feeling the cool puddles under my feet and mellowing out.  God knows what my neighbors think, but I'm sure that'll be a post for another time. 

I feel like I have finally had the first chance this week to sit down and write.  Steve has been extremely busy this semester and has had to commandeer the computer for goofy stuff like homework and studying.  I admit, I really missed being able to write, and I'm glad to be back up and running.  That is, until the next round of tests and lab reports come around. 

I finished my Lower Body Workout just about a half hour ago.  My workouts seem to be occurring more in the evening, once Andrew is in bed and the house quiets down.  I keep meaning to wake up early to do it, but hey, to thine own self be true.  It just doesn't happen for me.  Go figure.

Food has been going really well.  My appetite has really diminished lately.  For instance, I haven't felt like eating at all after dinner time, which is around 6 to 7 o'clock.  I haven't been wanting to eat as much for my midmorning snack, either.  I am pretty hungry at breakfast, and eat well for that and dinner, but even lunch has been a little scaled back.  I'm not expecting this to last, but I am not pushing myself to eat when I don't feel like it, even if that means I don't get the full six meals I'm supposed to get on BFL.  I figure, for each time I eat less food, that's more fat globules getting broken down for energy.  I'm all about that, my friends!

I am going back to the Y tomorrow, on my day off, so I can try to sign up for the Pumpkin Run.  It is in November (I think), and it's a short run, only 4k, which is something like 2.5 miles, I think (conversion chart, anyone?).  I hope they haven't run out of slots for the race.  I also signed up to donate blood, but that won't be until October 29th.  I hope I (A) remember and (B) actually show up.  Sometimes it seems like a good idea way before I get there, and then I remember stuff like how I feel faint when I give blood, that it's kind of a hassle, and that I have a two-year old and won't that be fun to hang out with him after!  Oh well, I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it. 

My friend Liz wants me to try this other aerobics class that is tomorrow.  It is not the one where I am forced to do the pony and the cha-cha for minutes on end, but it is a dance-based workout class.  Liz tells me it is loosely based on dancing.  I feel compelled to check it out, in a car-wreck-can't-look-away kind of way, and at the same time, do I really want to spend an hour in this class?  I'll decide in the morning. 

I am gonna go hit the showers and get ready for bed.  I am glad I have had such a productive week this week.  I have hit all my workouts and have eaten really very well all week.  I will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment