Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day Twenty-Three

So, uh, I didn't get up at 5:30.  Like a dummy, I stayed up too late, thinking I'd suck it up and just get up in the morning.  What did happen was that I played a little game called "wonder if I can hit the snooze button before the third beep."  I played that game a lot.  I got pretty good at it.  I got so good at it we were about ten minutes late to school/work this morning.  Oops.

I did go back to the Y and run, though.  I put on my snazzy new sneakers and my iPod Shuffle.  I love this little toy.  I just got it last week, and it's the last generation, not the newest one, so the price is more reasonable.  I love it so much I named it Pearl.  Pearl and I ran together today, stomping it out on the treadmill to Lenny Kravitz "Are You Gonna Go My Way" and "Lady Lumps" (or whatever it's called) by the Black-Eyed Peas.   And I took off the volume limiter, so when I got going, I think the two people next to me could hear what I was running to (hello, if you heard Snow Patrol playing...that was me).  I actually got the old treadmill (and my lumps) up to 6.0 (mph?).  That's the fastest I've gone, perhaps ever.  I figure I might go faster than that one day, but someone will have to chase me with a meat cleaver or a gasoline-powered chainsaw. 

I notice it also helps with running if you have shoes that are the correct size!  I have been squeezing my post-baby bigger feet into my old pre-pregnancy sneakers.  When you have a kid, your feet get bigger, and mine grew pretty much a whole size.  It's such a nice treat to not have my toes crammed all the way to the top of my shoes, and to not have them numb from having the arch press into the wrong part of my foot.  My hypochondriac self was convinced the numbness was a sign that I had a really crappy circulatory system and was getting heart disease or something!  (knock on wood)

Food went all right.  I was grumpy and hormonal yet again this morning, and did some emotional eating when I got home from work.  Granted, on the bright side, it was all food I had planned for eating all that day.  All healthy food.  The downside was that I ate three meals in about four hours.  Oh well.  Steve made us dinner tonight, which was very sweet.  He used up some of the pre-cooked chicken breast and made a homemade tomato sauce to go over whole wheat pasta, and he tossed in some of the fresh farmers' market peppers and the little broiled fairytale eggplant.  It was delicious with a side of boiled and salted shelled edamame.

I am still pondering what topic to chat about tomorrow.  I might visit Wikipedia and play around and see if something stands out to me.  Binge eating was brought up in the comments (thanks Justine!), and I definitely have issues with that, myself.  Eating disorders seems to be the topic that is coming up for other people, too.  I also feel it is a hugely emotional and sensitive subject, and I would hate to even remotely offend someone suffering out there, or seem insensitive.  Probably don't have to worry that much, though, since my lovely readers (and I'm so glad you read it, guys, really!) are a pretty manageably small group.  Not that I'm complaining.  I most likely will not have to worry about starting a firestorm up in here!

If you do stop and read, will you please do me a favor and sign up as a follower, if you haven't already?  It's nice to know who I'm talking to, and honestly, it does give me a boost!  I don't think you have to worry about spam or anything...but you could chalk it up to doing a good deed or something.  Yeah, that's right. Signing up to follow my blog is right up there with saving baby dolphins and stuff.  Yeah, that's it.....

I'm glad I did my workout and ate pretty well today.  I'll do it tomorrow, and I'll even have a bit of a blurb about some health topic for you folks.  I'll see you tomorrow!  In the meantime, I will leave you with a picture from my most favorite website (http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/).  This so completely says me, I can't even find where to start.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment