Monday, August 24, 2009

Day Eight, Lentils Redux

I'm back in the saddle again....

My day off was pretty good, and I did attack our kitchen pretty voraciously.  It also, strangely enough, wasn't as much fun as I had thought it was going to be.  Go figure. 

I was glad to wake up again this morning and start working out again.  Today was the lower body workout, and aside from two little blips (achy lower back and a funny feeling in the instep of my left foot), it went pretty well.  A little attention with some ibuprofen and some ice ought to take care of it, though.

Food went well too.  I noticed yesterday, on my free day, I really flagged after about 4:00pm.  Today was much better, but I think it's safe to say I'm a little food hungover.  It's good to keep that in mind for the next free day.

I am also thinking that I may have been hard on the person I mentioned at the end of my Day Six post.  Since I am living, eating, and breathing fitness and BFL right now, it's entirely possible that I just misinterpreted the casual remark.  Granted, next time I could always just ask what the heck the person is talking about, rather than assuming immediately it is a dig on me.  It's one of my little quirks...a tendency to freak out and go on the defensive (or would that be offensive?) when I think I'm being judged unfairly.  Oh well, live and learn.

I also made a great dinner again.  With lentils, again.  That little package of dried beans (legumes?) looks so small before you cook, and then, when it's all over, it looks like you have 500 gallons of the stuff.  Here is what I made.  I took the half cup of lentils and warmed them just a little in the microwave.  In a separate bowl, I took a half cucumber and seeded it, dicing it finely (ish) and cut up a bit of red pepper and just the tiniest bit of onion.  I threw in a small portion of olive oil and a few dashes of red wine vinegar.  When the lentils were ready, I added it all together, and it was so good.

Highly recommend you try it.  :)

I am now winding down for the day.  I am a bit tired, and I attribute this to the crappy fuel I put in my body on my free day, so tomorrow I should be golden. 
So, in other words, I'm working it, but there just isn't much to report today.  I'll be doing it again tomorrow--see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment